31 March 2008

Weekend Fun and Motherly Worries

This weekend was a lot of fun! On Friday, Travis and I had a date night. We stayed close to home, but first went to Babies R Us to see if they had any changing tables that we liked. We haven't really fallen in love with any of the changing tables out there, but we are still looking. Any advice, comments on what you love about your changing table, or suggestions on things not to get...would be awesome! After a little shopping, we went and bought Tiger Woods 2008 Pro Golf game for the Wii. Travis was sooo excited about getting this game. Plus, he wanted to make Winkle Danny jealous. :) After that, we went to Rico's...the best Mexican restaurant I have been to in a loooong time. We had dinner and then went home to play some golf. Not to brag...but I beat my husband!! I'm a pregnant lady, whose tummy is protuding a lot more than usual and I out drove my husband on every hole! I was so proud. But, he did beat me a few times!

Saturday we slept in (YAY) and then started our morning with a little golf. Okay okay...I'm addicted! I love the game!! :) Anyway, after a game of golf, we got to work. Travis did the yard work (mowed, trimmed, mulched, picked up our doggies' waste, etc) and then worked some on his lumber rack for the garage (I love my man in a toolbelt)! While he was outside doing all of his work, I was inside doing mine. I cleaned out my closet and got the bathroom and bedroom organized. Then we headed to Home Depot. We want to tile and paint the master bathroom floor so we went to pick out the tile and the paint for the walls. We picked out the tile and had to get the guys who worked there to bring down another pallet of tile. While we were waiting, Travis spotted a very cool design that he wants to do with the tiles. So, naturally, we spent more money! :) I love Home Depot...but our bank account does not. Anyway, the design is really hard to describe without pictures, so I will just take a picture when it is all done and post it. It is going to look really really cool!

Sunday, we went to church and had a great class and worship service. Afterwards, we had our class and Travis' parents over for a bbq. It was a blast! Our preacher, Bob, is also our class teacher and he was able to join us with his wife Teri. They are soo much fun! We had hamburgers and hotdogs and lots of other goodies on the side. After we ate, some of the boys played....you guessed it...golf! Bob (the preacher) got into too! He was so fun to watch and seemed to have a really good time. Here are a few pics...
This morning, when we let the dogs out of their kennels to go potty and eat, we noticed that Cooper's left eye was swollen. When I first noticed it, he wasn't opening it at all. Within about 10 minutes he could open it, but we could tell it wasn't comfortable. So, I took him in to the vet. There were no visible scratches on his eye and nothing stuck under either of his eye lids. So, the doc just gave us some drops for him and we are supposed to go back on Monday, April 7th to get him checked out again. Now, here is the funny part...Cooper was scheduled to get fixed tomorrow. Because the doctor wants to see him again in a week, he suggested that we just postpone the surgery and check the eye at the same time. Travis and I think that Cooper knew and wanted to stop us from getting him fixed! haha What a smart dog! This is the second time we have had to reschedule his surgery. I will get him fixed...eventually!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Kelly T said...

Hi Jana Kay, it's Kelly (Eroh) Tyson. I was blog hopping today and found you. Glad to hear you're doing well and congratulations on the upcoming arrival. I was going to tell you that we got our changing table and dresser at Walmart, which sounds cheapo, but we love. They're very cute, and we love that the changing table had drawers and some shelves underneath for lots of extra storage!

Ledbetter Fam said...

Can I make a suggestion? We never had a changing table. We used the bed or the floor. We felt that (unless you just really want one) it is a waste of space and money. I think a lot of people have them so if you really want one, get it. I would agree with Kelly and say go cheapo. Just my opinion.

JB

Natalie said...

We had a fabulous time at your house Sunday. Thank you for opening up your home to us. Todd and I had especially great fun proving ourselves to be idiots at playing pool to some of the other guests. :-)