03 March 2008

Weekend in Galveston!

This weekend was great! Friday night, Travis and I headed to Galveston (Bermuda Beach) to hang out with some of his friends at a beach house. I, of course, forgot the camera so I don't have any pictures of us hanging out. :( Sorry!

The dogs had a blast! We got up in the morning and took a walk down the beach after breakfast. We walked quite a ways and by the time we turned around to go back to the house Cooper was so tired! He tried so hard to keep up with the other dogs, but the poor thing just couldn't keep up the pace. He was so cute! After we got back we went upstairs and got our sun screen (yes, we forgot to put it on first thing...and yes I'm burnt!) and Cooper crashed! He slept most of the day (until about 3:00pm) and I mean...pretty much dead to the world! He wouldn't move for anyone and if someone sat next to him, he would just roll over as if he expected them to rub his belly while he slept! Then, at about 3:00 pm he popped his little head up and was full of energy again! It was amazing! Nikki, however, never stopped!
We stayed at the beach until after dinner Saturday night and then headed home. We haven't been to our church in about 4 weeks, so we were really looking forward to seeing everyone and worshiping with our church family. When we got home Saturday night Travis gave my anniversary present to me. I know it is way early, but because of logistics and stuff, he wanted to go ahead and give it to me. He bought me a FISHING POLE (and himself one)!!!!! I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!! Okay, I know that I am probably one of the few women who would accept this as an appropriate gift, but you know what....it means that he knows me! It means that he wants to share in my favorite activities even though he has never officially been fishing before in his life! (He had a couple of experiences that don't really qualify...dropping a line on a bamboo stick and just waiting for a fish to set itself doesn't count...sorry...) And, he did stick with the 1st year paper present by getting our fishing licenses too. So, here they are:
When we got to church on Sunday, we were surprised to see our cousin Jill was there! She had little Nicholas with her and Uncle Danny passed him off to Travis! What was he thinking?! Although, I can't really complain...watching Travis play with babies and to see his love for them is really encouraging and just precious. After church we went to lunch with Aunt Norma and Jill. It was good to visit with them! Then I found out that my other cousins, Mary Ann and Dana are coming down with Grandma Mary for Spring Break! I'm so excited! I am probably going to take a couple of days off so that I can spend some time with them. It is such a treat to be able to see this side of the family as much as I have lately. We usually see each other once a year, if that much!
So, when Travis and I got home from lunch we went to Home Depot to pick up some lumber for Travis to do some work in the garage. As he was working in the garage (my manly man):
I was elevating my feet and relaxing...because of the new and wonderful (can you sense my sarcasm) developement in my feet...swelling!! Yes...major swelling of the feet is not comfortable. So instead of laying down inside and being a bum, I made a nice little set up in the back of Travis' truck and encouraged my husband while being a bum. Here I am:
I had to have my coffee because it wasn't the warmest of days, but not cold enough for a blanket. It was fun! :)
When Travis was done for the day, we went for dinner. We found this great mexican restaurant called Rico's. It was sooo good! Everything we had was delicious and they had such fast service! We are definitely going back.
Finally, we got our first gift for Jayden. Everyone knows that I am a Superman fanatic. But, not everyone knows that I am also a Jack "The Pumpkin King" (from The Nightmare Before Christmas) fanatic. Travis has started to spread this fact around, so one of the women he works with brought us this (her daughter had it before and she wanted to pass it on to fellow fans):

I think it is adorable!! :) I know, I'm wierd!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Dana said...

Oh! I hadn't thought about you being able to come play with us too. That will be sooooo fun!

Anonymous said...

Darn it! I won't be able to come play with you guys. And that was a time when we were thinking of coming down. We'll have to plan a cousins weekend when we can leave the kids with the men(at least those not completely dependant on us for food supply), and spend some time just being silly.

Monica said...

I LOVE those Nightmare thingies.. LOL :) too cute!

Staci said...

I love your garage set up ;)