10 March 2008

Nursery Decisions!

So...God was up in Heaven thinking, "Travis and Jana Kay have been married for a year now and still have not had a major disagreement. Let's stir things up. I know...let's give them a girl!"

I am sooo excited about having a little girl!! The more I think about it the more excited I get about dressing her up and playing with her. So, the other day Travis and I went to Home Depot to pick out the colors for the nursery. I'm not into the girlie colors like pink and purple. Travis, however, likes them! So, after I had a complete break down in the middle of Home Deopt, we came to a compromise. We picked a couple of colors that we both liked for the nursery, and neither one of them were pink. I was happy. Then, the more we thought about it, Travis kept going back to the pink. So...I revisited the idea of pink in the nursery. Okay okay...I finally opened my stubborn head and considered pink for the first time! Another compromise was found. We are doing two walls in blue and two walls in pink. I think it is going to look awesome! We begin painting tonight so I will post pictures in a couple of days.

We have a guest for a whole week! My friend Ali is here for her spring break and we are gong to have fun! She is going to help Travis paint the nursery since I can't be around the paint. She is so awesome! She helped us install the bamboo floors in our house in Austin too. Wow...we just put her to work! :) I'll be sure and post plenty of pictures of them in action.

We had a good weekend at the Zoo and I will post pictures of that later. For now...I'm going to play!
Photobucket

3 comments:

laura said...

you can paint, Jana! I painted Reese's whole room and bathroom when I was like 32 weeks pregnant...all by myself! but, of course, if i had two other (willing) people to do it, i so would have!

i'm glad y'all found some common ground for the paint colors. that's cool that he is so involved. lucky you! and congrats on everything and i hope you are feeling well.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see pictures. Way to go on picking paint colors! I am lucky that Derek pretty much lets me have free reign as far as house decorating projects...but of course the flip side of that is that he isn't quick to volunteer to help! Have a fun week with your friend!

Jennifer McHam said...

Unfortunately I heard you can paint after the first trimester :( SORRY! But don't tell Travis I said so :) !!! You deserve some rest! Tell him you're hard at work growing a baby!! :) And I like the blue & pink idea. That way you won't have to repaint if you have a boy next!! :)