27 March 2008

Nesting and House Projects

Alright, it is official (I think it is a little early, but) I am in my nesting stage! It is crazy! All of a sudden I want all the house projects taken care of and furniture bought for each room. My wonderful husband has taken this swift kick to the buttocks very well (he is the one in charge of most of the labor these days). He has gotten so excited about each project and I'm soo glad!


On Tuesday evening we went to the Room Store to "scope out" some furniture we might be interested in. Yup...we walked out of there buying a bedroom set and an over-stuffed chair (for those middle-of-the-night feedings) and ottoman. They were delivered today!
Tonight we went to Home Depot (Travis' 2nd home) to look at and get some ideas on tile and paint for the master bathroom. That is right...we came home with enough tile to do a really cool pattern on the floor and some really neat paint! Travis is going to be really busy when I go spend a week in Arlington! He is so excited about getting started on the bathroom. I am very thankful to have a husband who has a passion for house projects and doesn't complain about "one more thing to do". He is soooo good to me!
After the master bathroom we want to redo the kitchen. I think that is going to have to wait for awhile. We have spent our home improvement budget for the next few months! We definitely want the kitchen painted by the time Jayden comes, but the counter tops, sink and appliances will have to wait until after the new addition. Oh yea, and...living room furniture.
We have the paint for the office, so we will probably get that done before she comes, but that is as far as I can hope to get with the home projects before Jayden graces us with her presence.

We will be sure and keep you updated on the progress as we make some! :) For now, we are content to be spending our first night with our new bedroom furniture! Yay!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I am totally nesting, too-I love this phase! I am all about the house projects. So fun!

Love your new bedroom set! I can't wait to see the results of the other projects. (hey, want to send Travis south to tile for us? :) Derek is not so into house projects, and tiling is one thing I am not interested in attempting!)

Dana said...

Yea! That's so exciting. I'll look forward to seeing all the changes the next time I make it down.

Ledbetter Fam said...

So fun! I can't wait to see it.

JB

suzspeaks said...

I love your new furniture!

Natalie said...

The new furniture looks great! Nice choices. Looking forward to coming over Sunday for the BBQ! :-)

Rebecca said...

I LOVE getting new furniture! I'm the one who goes in and wants to buy right away...Mitch takes more convincing.

Jennifer McHam said...

LOVE the new furniture!!!