12 March 2008

Two Steps Forward...

Okay, so this is the first post that I am putting up here... since I am horrible about keeping up with my own blog, and most of you have given up on it (or didn't know it existed in the first place) I have decided to put up periodic posts on here.

Well, this one seemed like a very appropriate one to begin with.

So you know the saying that a picture says a thousand words... well let's see what this sequence of pictures has to say.





So yes, the pink and blue room is now a pink and brown room! All within 48 hours. So now the thousand words...

This all started when we decided to go to Baby's R Us and register for the new arrival. We roamed the store with one of those really cool scanner guns that allowed me to entertain myself by shooting every bar code in sight... well at least those that my wife approved. That was enough to keep me busy for tha majority of the three hours we spent roaming around that place.

So after bottles, nipples, blankies, bath toys, pumps, pampers and all that jazz we finally make it to the fun stuff... strollers! I'm a big fan of this stuff cause it's functional, in fact they even have strollers made by Jeep!

Well as we were picking out all our stuff we had picked out plenty of Winnie the Pooh, and pink things for my little girl... but when we got to the strollers I was surprised when Jana had fallen in love with a stroller that was pink and brown! For someone who is not a big fan of pink, she sure loved this stroller. We also found the same pattern for the bouncy chair. So we have now managed a vertiable schmorgasboard (sp?) of colors for this poor child of ours.

It was when we passed the bedding in the back of the store and Jana once again fell in love with a pattern of... you guessed it, pink and brown. It was here that I said to her "You know I love it too but I don't think it will go with the pink and blue in the room... maybe we should rethink our paint job..."

The look on her face said it all, and off we went to Home Depot.

The new coat went on really fast, and we've yet to see if it needs another coat, but I think we are both really pleased with the decsion... Jana's office will get the left over blue so it's not going to waste, but for those who are interested our nursery colors are officially and PERMANENTLY pink and brown.

It just goes to show you... Jayden hasn't even left the womb, and already has her daddy wrapped around her finger. I am in trouble!

3 comments:

Staci said...

You're such a good hubby ;) I bet Jana was so grateful for you repainting the room!

Jennifer McHam said...

Ha! LOVE that you are posting now T!!! Y'all are so funny - I changed my mind a lot when I was pregnant too - Perogative of a pregnant woman I guess :) ! But Pierce was "Chase" for at least 1 trimester and I didn't even like the name Tristan until about a month before he was born!!! Love y'all and can't wait to see you soooooooon!
xoxo, Jen

Ledbetter Fam said...

Is it the pink and brown bedding that I already picked out JK? I told you I had some already chosen for you!!! Hee! Hee! I hope so, they were really cute.

JB