09 May 2007

Sick At Home...

Well, the past couple of days have been hard. I woke up Monday morning feeling pretty woozie. My stomach felt really tight and uncomfortable. So, I tried to eat some peanut butter and cheese crackers to help calm it down. That usually works really well...not this time. Nothing! So, at noon I went home to rest and hopefully I would be able to get to work the next day. Tuesday morning I woke up and felt awful! My nose was all stuffy, I couldn't breathe, my head hurt from all the coughing and I had a meeting with two people from New York and Tennessee. That is right, a meeting that I could NOT miss. So, I drugged myself with Tylenol Cold medicine and went in. It was a pretty informal meeting, but I kept sniffing and coughing and leaving the room to blow my nose. So at about 3:00pm they finally told me to just go home and we would conclude with a conference call when I felt better. So, I went home, took more medicine and slept. I felt worse when I woke up. Travis finally came home and played Zelda for me (I like watching him play video games. He often says, "I feel sorry for all the gamers.") Then I started to crave Taco Cabana's tortillas and queso and I needed stronger meds. So, we went out and got more medicine (house brand from Walgreens...always works better than the brandname stuff) and food from Taco Cabana. We got home and Travis got the front door unlocked just in enough time for me to run to the bathroom and get sick. Yay! I hate being sick!!! It is the most helpless and miserable feeling ever! Anyway, I am staying home sick today and I am really hoping that I can get back to work tomorrow. I have to teach a class on Monday and I have so much to get done before that. I'm sure you all enjoy reading about how sick and miserable I am, but that is about all that is going on in my world...sorry...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hate being sick too. But don't rush recover! I was sick one summer and I really wanted to go to VBS so I told myself I felt better even though I didn't and went to VBS. It totally made everything worse. I woke up the next day with a super high fever and didn't get better for like a week. So long story short, don't rush yourself 'cause you'll probably make it worse.