19 April 2008

Great Week & Tired Husband!

As Travis wrote in the previous post, I was in Arlington all week watching my nephews while Juli Beth and David were at work. My mom usually watches them, but she went sailing with my dad and his brother Floyd. So, I was fortunate enough to go up to Arlington for the weekend to help take care of JB's boys. I loved it! We had so much fun! Lafe spent the night with me on Sunday night and Wade spent the night with me on Thursday night. Joseph never did, but of course, he is only 1 year old...his time will come! :) All three boys were so wonderful and they are such a joy to be around! I loved getting to spend soo much time with them. Before I headed up to Arlington, I stopped by Waco to visit Lara Jane and pick up the crib that she is letting me use for Jayden. I spent the night there Saturday night and got to spend most of Sunday with them. It was so much fun getting to play with all four of her kids and get to chat with my sister. I don't usually get to spend individual time with each family so this trip was very special!


While I was gone, Travis (as he wrote in the earlier post) was busy painting and tiling our bathroom. He worked sooo hard!! He put so many hours into this project and really did such an awesome job. The only thing he didn't finish in there was the grout, but even so, he got most of that done too! He ROCKS!! The pattern of tile is amazing and the paint turned out so pretty! It looks like it came out of a magazine!


Travis had some help. His parents came over on Saturday to help paint and they gave him a night a rest on Wednesday. They brought over dinner for him and helped him tile. It makes me feel so good to know they were here to keep him company and help him out. I felt bad leaving him here to do all the work! He did such an awesome job though! He let Judy go get some decorations for the bathroom too. He picked out some of the stuff too, so I have to give him props! :) It looks so great! I'm so excited to get to take a bath in our new bathroom! :)


BEFORE:
AFTER: Today we went and took a tour of the hospital maternity ward. After that, we met Travis' mom at Babies R Us. Travis' parents wanted to get us our crib bedding for our gift. So, we picked that up today and a changing table. We weren't going to get a changing table, but we finally found one that we both like and didn't cost too much. Yay! After some more hard work from my wonderful hubby...our nursery has furniture and it looks like this... Photobucket

7 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

Aaahhhh! I see my rocking chair in there. I'm soooo glad that you guys can/want to use that. It's very special and I'm so happy that someone can use it while I save space in my house. I also noticed the cute little winnie the pooh night light. I'm glad that you guys liked it. My boys sure did like having it in their nursery. Thank you, JK, for keeping my kids. I really appreciate you and I know that my kids had a BLAST. It was nice not to have to worry about whether they were happy and loved. Travis that tile looks really great!!! Good job!

JB

Unknown said...

WOW, the bathroom and nursery look great! I can't believe y'all did that yourselves. Kudos Travis!

Staci said...

The bathroom looks great! Good job Travis!

Dana said...

Great job, Travis! It's amazing!

The Stringers said...

The tile looks awesome, T! By the way, Lara Jane in Waco? Since when? Why? Need more details!

Amy said...

Awesome job on the bathroom T!!! Oh look, Jana Kay went girly on me with the nursery! hehe I love the bedding!! Guys did good! Love ya!

Jennifer McHam said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The bathroom looks aMAAAAAAZING!!!! NICE JOB!!! And I love the nursery bedding!!! So cute!!!