10 April 2008

Cooper's Snake...I mean Snack

As most of you know...we had Cooper fixed on Monday. He did awesome! All the ladies at the vet's office just bragged about how well he did and how affectionate he is. They love him in there and he loves them! He hardly notices Mom when we go to the vet.

Anyway, Travis was a little worried about whether Cooper was going to still act tough and manly after his little surgery. Well...we have no more worries about Cooper's masculinity...

HE ATE A SNAKE!!!!

That is right...I put him in the back yard for about 5 minutes and when I went back out to give the dogs water...here comes Cooper with a snake hanging out of his mouth!! As soon as I reacted..."Cooper! No!!" He gobbled it up as quick as he could, so I couldn't even see what kind of snake it was. It was hilarious! He has been casually enjoying a snack and when I interupted he scarfed it down! The snake was HUGE! I mean...the part that I saw hanging out of his mouth was the very end of the snake...just thinning out into the tail, but it was at least 6 inches long! I'm guessing the snake was at least a foot long...head included.

I was so proud of him (and knew his Opa would be too)...but as we were laying in bed last night...still in shock at the fact that our puppy ate a snake...out of the blue I said, "Aw...now I'm feeling sorry for the snake." Yup...my pride for my little boy did not hold down my need to care for everything!

I'm so weird...but I have the coolest dog EVER!!!!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Staci said...

LOL!!! Please tell me that you don't think a snake that is a foot long is HUGE!! lol!

Rebecca said...

Ok...you fixed your dog and then titled the entry "Cooper's Snake"...where exactly did you expect my mind to go first? I was really worried for Cooper before I read further! I thought maybe the surgery hadn't gone as planned. It is exciting that he ate a snake though!

Ledbetter Fam said...

You know what that means, don't you? There was a snake in your backyard! Hee! Hee!!!

JB

Jana Kay said...

Okay...thank you sister for your words of comfort! :P

And no...I don't think that a snake that is a foot long is huge...I just wanted to make sure everyone knew it wasn't a tiny little garden snake!!! My PUPPY caught and ate a good size snack for being 4 months old! I'm proud!! :)