14 January 2007

Travis and I went to Arlington this weekend and met his parents up there. We got several things accomplished. We got their family dinner planned and organized. Then we got the hotel picked out for their family to stay at for the wedding. It is actually a really cool hotel (not as cool as our honeymoon suite)! Then we made some dress decisions, looked at the invitations (now I get to stuff them all) and then decided what to do about flowers. Unfortunately, the weather was starting to get bad and we had to head back to Austin last night. If we had stayed, the weather people said that we would be stuck in Arlington until Tuesday. I wouldn't have had a problem with that, but Travis has to work tomorrow and he has some pretty important meetings happening this week. I have off tomorrow so I will be finalizing the guest list and stuffing invitations. I am excited to start getting stuff done!

Okay, I have a funny story...My nephew Lafe absoultely loves Travis! Travis has become his personal jungle gym. All day yesterday Lafe was jumping on him, asking him to flip him, asking him to lift him up like he was lifting weights, etc. It was cute! This morning Travis called me and said, "My lower back hurts. My chest hurts and my abs are sore." I responded, "Why is that?" Without hesitation he said, "Lafe! Lafe is why they hurt!!" It was funny!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I was at PR this morning because of the weather. I was hoping to get to see you, but oh well. I'm glad that you were so productive this weekend. I'm expecting to start wedding planning on my own soon!

Ledbetter Fam said...

We had lots of fun with you guys. I was so sad that y'all had to leave early. That was a real bummer. I kept telling Travis that I was so sorry he was so loved. Lafe really did enjoy playing with him. It was sweet of him to spend time building a zoo. That shows Lafe that he is loved and little kids really feed off of attention like that. Becky: I keep waiting to hear the news. I can't wait till you get to start wedding planning.
JB

Staci said...

What does Travis do?