13 July 2008

VBS discussion

Travis and I went to the store today and on our way back home he asked, "What is VBS?" The conversation that followed went like this:

JK: "Vacation Bible School."

Travis: "I know that. I mean, what does it consist of?"

JK: "Oh. Well, some churches are different, but I grew up going to VBS where we were split into groups (which might be tribes or families of the Bible) and we would go to different 'stations' or 'classes' to learn a story or concept."

Travis: "Ah...gotcha."

JK: (After a few moments of reflection, broke into song...sing with me everyone) "Booster, Booster, be a booster. Don't be grouchy like a rooster. Booster, Booster be a booster. And boost our Bible school!"

Travis: "You are like having Saturday morning cartoons with me all the time!"

I can't help it!! I blame my family! :)
Photobucket

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I can't believe T didn't grow up going to VBS. You'll have to get him to dress up like Moses and get involved in VBS sometime.

Unknown said...

VBS is awesome! I can't imagine not going as a kid...and as a teen. :) And I totally love the cartoons comment! So true! Your family is notorious about being like that, but we all love you the more for it!!

Staci said...

Great. I should've never read this just before bed! I'll never go to sleep now with the Booster song stuck in my head!! LOL!

The Stringers said...

Love the Booster song! An oldie, but goodie...

Ledbetter Fam said...

You should be at Pleasant Ridge and hear Terry Wilson sing it at the top of his lungs 5 times every night!!!!!!!!

JB