08 July 2008

The 1st Night on Our Own...

Last night was our first night on our own and it went really well! Travis and I were able to relax a little and catch up on some of our shows while Jayden slept and ate. Then at bedtime we gave her a bath! The poor kid wailed through the entire thing. So...we didn't get any pictures. But this kid has curly hair when it is wet!! I mean...KINKY hair!! Sooo cute!

After bath time we headed up to bed for the night. Jayden ate and we all went to sleep. We only had to get up once in the night!! She woke up at 2:45 am and ate and then didn't wake up again until 6:52 am! It was so nice! We know this is going to be a rare occurance, but it made our first night by ourselves a nice one. :)

Today has been good too! I have been able to nap and shower and eat lunch! Jayden is such a good baby so far! I am loving being a mom. This is the hardest job in the world, but we have had an awesome start!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad your first night was good! My first night my mom and grandmother where up with me all night, but my dad didn't wake up once. As proof, my mom took a picture of my laying on the bed beside him, screaming my head off, and him sound asleep. I'm glad your fist night wasn't like that. Y'all are going to make excellent parents!!

Dana said...

Way to go, Mom!

Staci said...

I'm so glad that she slept for you! A good nights sleep makes for a much happier mama!

Ledbetter Fam said...

I'm glad your first night alone was a good one. I can't wait to hold her. Mom said she looks like me. What do you think?

JB

Anonymous said...

I kind of think she looks like JB and Jk when they were babies. You both had dark hair like Jayden. We knew she would be beautiful didn't we. SEE TRAVIS! The trend continues. I told you that you didn't have anything to worry about.
KA