31 July 2008

4 weeks old...

I can't believe my baby is already 4 weeks old!! Time has just flown by. She looks completely different than when we brought her home. She has started to get rolls on her thighs (YAY!). She is showing a lot more personality and is on the verge of smiling for us (she is already smiling in her sleep).

Speaking of sleep...we have moved Jayden to the nursery. We had her sleeping in the cradle in our room until Monday. She has done great in her crib this week. We started the new routine of bathtime after her last feeding time and then putting her down. Each night has gotten better and better. The first night we put her in bed at 8:57 and she finally fell asleep at about 9:45. The second night she only cried for about 30 minutes total (it was split between 2 crying sessions). And then last night she cried for about 20 minutes and I went in there only once...at which time she fell asleep. Now tonight...we put her down and she lasted 17 minutes before making a peep. I just had to go in there, but I think she is down for the count! :)

Earlier tonight, Travis let me go get a massage while he watched Jayden. It was great! It is so hard to be away from my little girl though... Tomorrow, Mimi is coming over to watch her while I get my hair done. I am really going to have to start spreading these appointments out because being away from my little girl is really hard!!!!!! Does it get any easier?! Ugh... I am fine leaving her, but then I just can't wait to get back to her. I'm sure she is already thinking, "Come on Mom...you don't have to kiss EVERY part of me EVERY time you come home!"

Ah...motherhood! :)
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure she loves all her kisses from Mom!!! I don't know when we'll meet her, but we sure can't wait to!

Ledbetter Fam said...

It's harder to leave them at this age when they are COMPLETELY dependent on you. It's always hard to leave them for long periods of time (like the WEEK I'm going to be away from Joseph), but these short little outings won't be so hard as she gets older. Motherhood is AWESOME!!! Isn't it???

JB