29 February 2008

Sneezing While Driving...Soooo Dangerous!!


Okay, so there is a story that we all like to tell about my mother. When we were all learning to drive my mom would often ride in the passenger seat instead of Dad. I wonder if that was because he was trying to be a gentleman even when he wasn't the one driving, or if we really scared him that much. Either way, we all liked to drive with Mom. Well, one time, when Dava Lynn was learning to drive, she sneezed as the car was in motion. My mother, in all of her wisdom, looks over at DL and says, "That is soooo dangerous!"

Okay, so it doesn't seem as funny when I write that as when I tell it, but you get the picture. It was hilarious!! I mean, who really controls their sneezes! So, we all like to tell that story, poking fun at Mom.

So, the other day, Travis comes home and tells me this story:

"So, we were all riding down in the elevator to go get lunch and Donna says, 'So, I don't know if my car is totaled or not.' And Travis responds, 'You were in an accident? Well, what happened?' Donna explains very matter-of-factly, 'Well...as I was pulling up to a stop light...I sneezed. And my foot must have missed the brakes.'" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I couldn't believe it!!! "That is soooo dangerous!" Apparently, her car is so badly damaged, that it could be totaled and she could be without a car. Thank goodness she is okay...but wow!

I told my mom this story and she said (while trying to talk through tears of laughter), "You will be finding out for the rest of your life that Mom was right!"

And of course, Dava Lynn's response was, "You didn't tell Mom did you? We will be hearing about this for years!"

If no one else appreciates this post...I know the Bridgwater girls will! :)

1 comment:

Dava Lynn said...

I guess you had to be there...but this still makes me laugh out loud!

Love you, DL