08 February 2008

Floyd Emmitt Bridgwater 1.9.1918 - 2.7.2008



Grandpa Emmitt passed away yesterday. He will be missed. He was sooo LOVED! He had three sons who gave him eight granddaughters, who all doted on him and loved on him and just couldn't get enough of him.

He always had Cap'n Crunch for us. He always had ice cream for us. He taught us how to fish. He taught us how to love the Lord. He taught us how to have the ultimate marriage. He was the first man to ever fire a grenade rifle and the only man to fire it standing up. He was an elder in the Church of Christ since before I was born.

He loved completely! He laughed so loudly! And he is now living with our God for eternity!!

As I told my sisters..."He got to meet 20 great-grandkids. Now, he gets to meet my kids before we do!" Mom pointed out that we could be in for some rotten kids then..."Oh no! He is probably up there picking which ones he wants to send down!" I HOPE SO!!!

Travis and I were remembering Gpa Emmitt and I looked down at my belly and said, "Grow up to be just like him." Travis' response, "Me first!" Ever since we went to visit Gpa Emmitt for the first time, Travis has wanted to be just like him! I am so blessed to have had the perfect man in my life as an example and now to have my husband who wants to be just like him.

We are so blessed to have had our Grandpa Emmitt for so long! He passed yesterday at 90 years 29 days young!

4 comments:

Dava Lynn said...

I miss him...

Staci said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I bet he's livin' it up in Heaven right now!

Ledbetter Fam said...

I love him!!! I want him back! Thank you for this JK.

JB

Natalie said...

Jana Kay,
I'm so sorry about your loss. It sounds like your grandpa was very special to you and many ohters.