23 September 2008

Road Trip '08 Continued

To continue our adventure...

After we spent a couple of days at Grandma Mary's we headed to Edmond, OK to visity cousins Mary Ann and Dana.  I had so much fun catching up with my cousins!  On Wednesday we went church and I got to see a few of my friends from college.  Thursday Mary Ann and I took Joel and Jayden to the Zoo!  It was great!  I love the Zoo!  :)

Thursday, after the Zoo, we headed to Wayne, OK to see Grandma Helen and Grandpa Jack.  Friday we went to the Senior Citizen Center for Grandma's birthday lunch.  She had a great time showing Jayden off to all of her friends.  

Saturday I headed to Arlington, TX to visit Oma and Opa (my mom and dad) and Grandma Mary was there.  She went down there after I left her house.  I got spoiled seeing her so much on this trip!  We went to Lafe's soccer game and he did so well.  He was so exhausted and hot.  It was down right cruel that they had him out there the whole game!  He was trying so hard to keep up with the pack and he kicked the ball several times!  Dispite being tired he did a great job.  He was so tired that when they called the game he ran to the sideline with a huge smile on his face and said, "Did you hear that Mom...the game is over!!!"  Hehe...he is soooo cute!  Sunday we went to church and my friends Jill and Jennifer came to church from Ft. Worth.  I got to see so many people on this trip that I didn't expect to see!  It was great!!  Monday we cleaned out mom and dad's room because they were having a guy come stretch the carpet.  It was a busy day, but we still got to enjoy each other!

I left Monday afternoon to come home and we still didn't have power.  About an hour from home...I was on the phone with Travis and the power came on!  It had come on just in time to cool the house down for us! :)  It was great!  

While I enjoyed my trip completely...and Jayden was absolutely wonderful with all the traveling...I am sooo glad I am home!!!

To see all the pictures from the trip just go to the link to the right that says "Pictures...Yay"

2 comments:

Jennifer McHam said...

Soooo... at what point in your trip did you decide to stop and turn around instead of heading over to Virginia?

Anonymous said...

The ONLY thing I remember after reading this is that you were in Arlington and didn't tell me. Just kidding..I know you guys were super busy! I'm glad you had a good trip and that the electricity made it back on just in time for you to get home!