03 September 2008

2 Month Check Up

Wow...2 months already!  I just blinked and she went from 2 weeks to 2 months!  Ugh...she is getting so big...and sleeping most of the night!  She hasn't slept less than 6 1/2 hours in a long time.  She averages between 7 to 8 hours a night.  We are getting lots of sleep!

The doctor says she looks good and is really strong for 2 months.  He was impressed.  He is so funny.  He is extremely happy about the fact that I am not working and still breastfeeding.  He has to be the biggest advocate for it.  Anyway...we are right on track...here are her "stats":

Weight: 10lb 9oz (44%)
Height: 22 1/2 inches (58%)
Head: 37 something inches (15%)

So...our little one is average weight, long body and tiny head...Yay!! :)  

She got her shots today too.  She was NOT happy!!  She was holding onto my finger for dear life and crying so hard she wasn't breathing.  She does that sometimes, briefly, if she has really bad gas, but this kid held her breath for the entire thing!!!!  As soon as I picked her up though, she stopped crying, and every time the nurse looked over at her she started to quiver the bottom lip again.  The poor thing!  She was fine for a few hours, but then around 3:00pm she started crying harder than I had ever heard her cry before.  I could tell she was in pain.  I gave her some more tylenol and she seems to be okay now.  She just wants to sleep mostly.  I'm going to try and feed her now...we will see how that goes...
Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby having to get her shots! :( I'm sure that's not easy to watch. She has a great Mommy to comfort her though!

Jennifer McHam said...

Oh poor baby!!! I hate the shots!!! Both our boys have small heads too. Must be a McHam thing because my brain is HUGE!

Ledbetter Fam said...

SO cute! I love your new blog look!!! I was trying to post you gooberhead, but my internet went out right in the middle of my post and it's been out for 2 days! Ugghh!!!

JB

Unknown said...

Poor kid! I hope she's all better now. And I LOVE your new blog look! It's so adorable!!