04 September 2007

Weekend in OK

Travis and I went to see Grandma Mary and Grandpa Emmitt this weekend. It was so much fun! We drove up on Saturday morning, stopped over in Arlington and then got there around 3:00 pm. We stayed until around 3:00 pm on Monday. It was a good visit!

We played lots of cards and got to hear more stories about Grandpa in the war days. He was rotten! He has so many stories about getting himself into trouble or hurt. They are fun to listen to. Also, I found out a lot more about my heritage. I am going to do a little more research and hopefully put together a pretty big family tree! I'm excited.

When we were headed home, Travis said, "You know, it is kinda fun...having a grandpa." He never really grew up with a grandfather and so this is the first taste he has had. And of course...I teared up! :) It was an awesome weekend!

3 comments:

Dana said...

Aren't they the best? We really are 8 of the luckiest girls on earth! Love you!

Jennifer McHam said...

Aww! How sweet! :)

Ledbetter Fam said...

Okay, you and your husband are really boring. I'm a bad blogger lately and I've blogged more than you have!!! Love you.

JB