30 September 2007

Family Reunions

I love this time of year! We just got back from our Cousins' Reunion in OK. Every year we have this reunion for the cousins on my mother's side of the family. We had it at her old high school in Wayne, OK (population approximately 300). It was so much fun. We drove up Friday night and stayed with my bestfriend/roommate through college Amy (in Edmond) and her husband Luke. It has been 3 years since I had been there and so much had changed. I love that place! Saturday morning we got up and went down to Wayne for the reunion. We had about 100 people there (just a small reunion...right?!). Anyone who wanted to could bring a family item or anything they wanted to get rid of for an auction. Travis and I won a sack of okra and a picture of my great great grandparents, Mommie and Poppie. It is their wedding picture!! Travis was very excited about the okra and can't wait for me to fry some up. We have so much though, that I am afraid I won't be able to use it all before it goes bad. So, I am going to pickle most of it and fry the rest! Yay! I'm excited too. After the reunion we drove back up to Edmond to stay with Amy and Luke again. We rented a movie and just relaxed. This morning we went to Memorial Road Church of Christ for worship and I got to see a few of my old professors. It was so good to see Dr. Alexander, who was my mentor in theater and really encouraged me to use my talents. He is such a good man! We used to call him Granpa A. :) We also got to see Mark and Karla Taylor. Mark was the preacher at my parents' church in Arlington for awhile and has just recently moved back to preach for Memorial. They seem so happy there, but did talk a bit about the fact that they are still mourning the relationships that they treasure from Pleasant Ridge C of C. They made such an impact on our family and it meant a lot to hear them talk about how much the Bridgwater family means to them. It was encouraging to see them in their new church family. It was a nice treat to see some of the people that I used to go to school with also. We went to Bible class with Amy and Luke and got to see some familiar face. This was a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jana, remind me to tell you the story of my lost wedding band just 41/2 months after the wedding.Dada