23 September 2007

Every woman has had to...

...search for their wedding ring! That is right...six months into the marriage and I have already lost the ring.

Every Sunday we play volleyball at the church. We usually play until it gets dark and then go eat at Cheddar's around the corner. It has become my routine to leave the jewelry at home. However, this particular night, I forgot. As my wonderful husband is always looking out for me, he noticed that I still had my rings and my watch on. So, I very carefully put my rings on my watch band and set them on top of our drink bag. The night goes on...

After the sun goes down, many games of volleyball played, we leave for Cheddar's. As we are about to turn in to the restaurant I realize that I don't have my jewelry. We figure that I had put it in the drink bag and set it in my car.

(Let's step back for a moment: we had two cars at the church because we had left Travis' car at my office on Friday.)

So, after dinner, Travis and I go back to the church to get my car. Being my wonderful husband, he waited to find out if I had put my jewelry in the bag. I had not...ugh!

Seeing as how we had no other option, but to search a very large portion of the grass field, in which we play volleyball, we both turned our cars to face the field, so that we had lighting...in order to search. A good 10 minutes into searching...yes, you guessed it...I cried. A good 45 minutes into searching...yes, you guessed it...I cried again...saying things such as, "Stupid" "It is only a thing right?" etc. My hands and my knees were hurting and I was praying...a lot. As I was feeling quite helpless...quite hopeless, I look up and see two men walking toward from the church building. They join in the search with their little flashlights. One guy had it on his keychain and another just had it in his pocket. After about 10 minutes, one of the men says ever so casually, "Oh...here it is." Oh...the sweet sweet sweet sound of that man's words! I hugged him...very tightly. And he turns to Travis and says, "You know...I don't carry this thing with me. I had leant it to a friend and he brought it back to me tonight at church. How crazy is that?" Not crazy...AT ALL!!!

Thank you God for the little angels that you send to us each day...and for light! Now, please make the blisters on my knees go away...with as little pain as possible...:)

3 comments:

Staci said...

I'm so glad you found it! I've never lost mine, however, Mike is on his 5th wedding band ;)

Ledbetter Fam said...

Oh my goodness! I would've cried too. I've never lost mine! I would be so upset. I'm glad that you found it.

JB

Jennifer McHam said...

OHMYGOSH - PHEW!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't imagine how freaked you must have been!