24 August 2007

Sad News

I took Ellie to the 24 hour emergency clinic this morning around 12:30 and they said that she had pneumonia and distemper. They didn't think that she would have made it through the night, so we put her down at 1:20 this morning. Travis is in Houston on business. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you.

**To add a note...yes Distemper is highly contagious. However, Nikki is up to date on her vaccinations and I had them separated for most of the time. The vets were not too concerned because I have been careful.

4 comments:

Staci said...

I'm so sorry!!! Is Nikki gonna be OK since Ellie had distemper?!? I'll say a prayer for ya'll.

Rebecca said...

I'm so sorry that you had to put her down. I can't imagine having to do that right now with either of our dogs. I hope that Nikki doesn't get too lonely now.

Staci said...

That's good that Nikki should be ok.

Jennifer McHam said...

I'm sooooo sorry JK :( !! Y'all are definitely in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Jen