04 August 2007

New Addition....Are we CRAZY???

So...we got another puppy. I know, I know...we are insane! Here was the reasoning: Nikki has been made more of an outside dog, so we got her a playmate. She has been chewing and being destructive and they said that one thing we could do is to get a playmate for Nikki to help correct her behavior. So...we got a puppy. Her name is Ellie and she is a collie/hound mix. She is absolutely precious! She is sick right now though. :( I took her in for her first puppy visit to the vet and she now has to take two medications. She has a URI (upper respiratory infection) and isn't eating. We have to give her a liver tonic three times a day to increase her appetite and two pills a day to get rid of the infection. She has been sleeping a lot and all she wants to do is cuddle. Nikki tries to play with her, but Ellie just doesn't seem to have it in her right now. I am starting to get a little anxious about Ellie because, in high school, we lost a puppy to Parvo. He just slept all the time and didn't eat. I'm really praying that her body is just trying to fight back really hard! I will try and post pictures soon, but as my camera is still broker...it might be awhile. Trust me...she is adorable!

Work is still going well. I have decided to not change careers at this point. After talking to several people in the industry and thinking over life changes and such, I just don't think it is what Travis and I need right now. I believe that we will both be happier in the long run if I stick to what I am doing now.

Speaking of Travis, he is on his way home right now! He has spent the last few days in Denver for work and stayed through today so he could spend some time with Mark for his birthday. I am ready to have him home!

5 comments:

Jennifer McHam said...

Thanks for loaning your hubby to us for a few days! It was great to see him but we sure did miss YOU!!! xoxo :)

Jennifer McHam said...

TAG! Check out my blog to see what this means! :)
Jen

Unknown said...

I love puppies! They're so cute. I wish they would stay little like that forever. I'll be praying for Ellie!

Ledbetter Fam said...

How funny! We just got a new puppy yesterday!!! We ARE crazy. Hopefully I will be able to post some pictures soon.

JB

Rebecca said...

Is everyone getting puppies?!? We got one today! There are pictures on my blog.