13 January 2008

Yay for having a Social Life!

Last night we had 26 people in our house for a house warming bar-b-que! It was so much fun! We went to our neighbors, knocked on all the doors and invited everyone to join us for a bar-b-que. We had a really good turn out and we had several people come who weren't from the neighborhood. Winkle Danny and Aunt Norma, Douglas and Becky (Douglas is a former client of Travis'), Alexa (who works with Travis) and Travis' parents, Bill and Judy. Everyone else lives on our street and we had a blast! It was a fun time and we got to know our neighbors a little better and spend some time with some of our new friends and family.

This morning we went to Kingwood Church of Christ and decided to place membership there. We are excited about the lesson plans for our class, getting involved in Bible studies and getting connected in some ministries. It feels like we are starting to settle into our new home and city...finally. :)

After church we went to lunch with Danny and Norma at Spring Creek Bar-b-que (do you see a theme here)... I love that place!!! I am so glad that we are able to spend so much time with family.

Some of you have been asking for pictures of the house, and I plan to get them on here soon. Since we had so many people here last night, I need to do a little damage control before displaying my house to anyone! ;)

4 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

Oh, I am so happy for y'all. Good idea for the barbeque thingy!!! I'm proud of you little sis. I am so happy that you guys have found a church home that you are excited about and how cool is it that you get to go to church with Uncle Danny & Aunt Norma!!! A little jealous here! Can't wait to see the pictures of the house, but I understand the damage control. That's a daily thing for me and I only have three little boys. Hee Hee!!! But, you don't have an excuse to wait forever yet. So, I expect them soon!

Natalie said...

Oh my goodness! Jana Kay, I go to church with you and am in your YAMS class! I can't believe I came by your site today! That's what I get for just clicking around. And, believe it or not, we went to Spring Creek BBQ today, too! Hey, send me an email and we'll work out sometime to get together! natjoacu@hotmail.com

Kari said...

JK - I am so glad you're settling into your new life! Throwing a neighborhood BBQ is a great idea!! It's also great you found a home church - that makes a huge difference! I hope many great blessings follow this move!

Anonymous said...

By the way, that post is mine! lol

:-)


Love ya!