04 July 2007

Rainy 4th of July...

Well, today is the day to celebrate our freedom...and it is raining...again! It has been raining on and off all day, but right now the sun is shining and it is clear. We are hoping that it stays that way. We have invited several people over to have fajitas and watch the fireworks. Our community puts on a parade and an all day festival out in the park a couple blocks from the house. At night, they have the 2nd best firework show in Austin! We are excited. We are expecting about 25+ people, so this house will be very full! We have spent most of the day running around getting all the necessities to be good hosts, and cleaning the house. It has been a lazy, yet very productive day.

To update everyone about the house: We have almost finished tiling the laundry room and guest bathroom! Yay! The only things we have to do are the cuts that require a wet saw and grout. When Travis' parents come up this weekend we are getting that done, and the kitchen will be tiled! WooHoo!! I am so ready for the house projects to start showing some results. We have ordered our carpet, but apparently it is taking them awhile to get it in. They are supposed to call us no later than July 19th to schedule the installation. We SHOULD have our carpet by the end of July. Then we will be getting the hardwood floors everywhere else.

My camera is still broken. In fact, we took it to the store today to see what our options were. Basically what it boils down to is...we have to get a new camera. Now, when will we be able to afford a camera...I have no idea! With all the house projects, paying off debt, yadda yadda yadda, going on...it could be my birthday before you see anymore pictures. I will try though. Maybe I can go get a cheap one from WalMart just til I can get a good one. It is driving me nuts, not being able to post pictures of everything!

That is about all I have for now. I better get ready for the party! :)

Happy Independence Day!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I can't imagine a life without a camera! I hope that you are able to take care of that soon! I have to take 2 everytime we go out of town. It's a stinky thing to not have one.