01 February 2010

And We Are Back!

Sorry it has been awhile. Our internet has acting up and it was on a very rare occasion that I could actually connect at all, and then it would drop within 5 minutes! Very frustrating...but I think we have it fixed now! :)

Things have changed around here a bit. Making the jump from one kid to two really wasn't that hard. Granted, the fact that Jayden has NO jealousy issues whatsoever and Kenley is her sister's own personal baby doll, has made it pretty painless. Jayden absolutely LOVES her baby sister. I hope they become the best of friends as they grown up! :) There is nothing like the bond of sisters.

Kenley is getting big. I haven't weighed her recently, but would guess that she is at least pushing the 12 lb marker. She is still sleeping and eating very well. We go back for her 2 month check up next Tuesday, February 9th. I believe they are planning to do an ultrasound to check out her one kidney, but I'm not sure. I'll give you an update after the appointment. I decided to use her musical sea horse as her visual growth guide! :)
during her 1st month
2 months

I went for my 6 week check up a week and a half ago. I took my 2 hour glucose test to see if my gestational diabetes went away. I FAILED the test!! :( So, technically, I'm a diabetic. I didn't test too high, so diet and exercise has helped to regulate my blood sugar levels over the past week. I went to see my PCP (primary care physician) today. He said that since I am nursing, there is none of the medications for diabetes that I can take, other than insulin, but my numbers are not high enough to treat with insulin. Also, he thinks that when I lose the last few pregnancy pounds the results of the test could be different. So, for the next 6 weeks, I am to exercise at least 3 times a week and stay on a diabetic diet. The hope is to have lost the last few pounds that I have hanging on by then. He is going to then test me again for diabetes and test my liver, kidney and thyroid. I see him again on March 22nd for the results of those tests. Please be praying that I am able to lose the weight and stick to the diet like I should. I am very thankful that I am not going to be dependent on insulin!

Here are some pictures of the girls to send you off...




4 comments:

Jennifer McHam said...

soooooooo cute!!! I think Kenley looks like Jayden!!! BOTH ADORABLE!!!! (objectively speaking of course ;) ) Will be praying for you sister. Love you!
Jen

Dava Lynn said...

Jana Kay. NO doubt, Kenley is yours. ;)

Jayden's gonna LOVE being a big sister. Trust me! ;)

Love you,

DL

Debby McCrary said...

Such adorable babies. It was good to see you yesterday. Paula's web site may not help on your new food management, but Paula's talent is something to admire.
Check it out!
www.salad-in-a-jar.com

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!! I was so excited to see that you're back. I've been wanting to see recent pics of the girls. I will be praying for you!!

By the way - you and Travis make some BEAUTIFUL babies! :)