13 May 2008

And We're Back!!

I know it has been a long time since I last posted. I'm sorry! Things around here have been a little crazy.

I have been diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes. At first we were trying to control it by my diet. After a week of that the doctor decided I needed insulin. So then I started giving myself insulin injections twice a day (at 5pm and 9pm). After one week of that, my numbers were still too high after lunch so they changed my dosage and I started giving myself injections once in the morning and once at night. Two days later, my blood sugar started crashing after breakfast and I was getting dangerously low. They changed my morning dosage again and it seemed to work a lot better. At my doctor appointment yesterday, the doc said that my numbers still aren't where he would like to see them, so he drew some blood for an AC1 test (I think that is what it is called). When we get the results from that he will decide whether I need to start taking some oral medications along with the insulin injections. Good news...I only have 8 more weeks at the most (we are inducing at least one week early).

Overall, I feel great! I have been having some brackston hicks contractions. They say the last two months are the most uncomfortable...all I have to say to that is...AMEN!!! I'm so ready for this little girl to join us on the outside!

Even though I am getting a little impatient...we have so much to look forward to in the next few weeks. We have our first baby shower this coming weekend and then another one in June. In two weeks we are going in for our 4D ultrasound. I am so excited to get to see her again and Travis is in some desparate need of verification that we are indeed having a little girl...not a boy! He is pure entertainment during this process! :)

That is about all I have for now. I will try and be better at keeping the blog updated. I hope you all are doing well!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Dana said...

Jana Kay,

I'm so sorry you're having to go through all of that! It will be soooooooo worth it though. You guys are going to be great parents!

Staci said...

Sounds like fun! Not really...but you know that it's all worth it.

Jennifer McHam said...

HEY FRIEND!!! I MISSED YOU!!! So glad you're back online :) But so sad to hear about all the diabetes drama. We will pray for quick healing on that & we can't wait to meet baby Jayden too - But probably not QUITE as anxious as you are!!! :) Love ya!! Jen