18 August 2008

Whoa Baby!

Wow...it has been a busy week! My third sister (Lara Jane) came into with her family. She has one boy and three girls! We had a blast!

They came in on Wednesday and we headed downtown to have lunch with Travis. (Travis had to work the whole time they were here.) After lunch we came back to the house and played MarioCart on the Wii. The kids LOVED it! Thursday we spent the day at a the beach in Galveston. Here is my little beach babe...
After the beach we got back into Kingwood just in time for dinner with Winkle Danny and Aunt Norma. Then, on Friday, we all headed downtown again to eat with Travis and to go to the Zoo. It started raining during lunch so we decided to go to the Aquarium instead. That was a lot of fun...
On Saturday morning, LJ and her family headed home and Travis and I headed to Austin. Our friends Tim and Katha got married that night!! They are such a fun couple!
We found out on Sunday (on the way to meet all of our Austin friends for lunch) that Saturday night, Tim was carrying Katha across the threshold when he stumbled and dropped Katha on her head. She is fine. However...Time fell forward and hit a dresser, knocking himself out cold and slicing his cheek open. He ended up at the hospital and got 10 stitches on his cheek and 13 stitches on the inside of his mouth. He and Katha were on a plane the next morning to Costa Rica for their honeymoon!! What a trooper!!!!! :)
So now we are home and I had my 6 week check up this morning. I am all clear for normal activity...so I can finally start working out and getting rid of these last few pounds of baby fat. They also drew blood for my final diabetes test. Please pray that the diabetes is official gone and I don't have to prick myself ever again! We will know the results in a week.
Now an update on Jayden: we haven't been to the doctor or anything...that is September 2nd. However, we have a sleeper! The past five nights have gone like this...
1) slept for 7 1/2 hours
2) slept for 8 hours
3) slept for 8 hours
4) slept for 7 1/2 hours
5) slept 9 hours
It has been wonderful!! I felt so refreshed when I woke up this morning and I am going to treasure this time, because I know this pattern will probably not last very long...she is only 6 weeks old!
I need a nap...
For more pics you can go to the picture link in the links section on the right.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome she's sleeping so well right now! I keep saying it...but...I can't wait to meet her!! :)

The Armstrong's said...

HI TRAVIS!!! Its Jody, CONGRATS on your beautiful daughter. It has been such a long time, I hope you remember me! LOL I found your link on Mark & Jen's blog. Maybe we will be able to catch up when they come in town this week. I would love to meet your family. FYI- my little sugar bean was born June 10th. So many babies this year and 90% of them are girlz!

Jody Armstrong

Jennifer McHam said...

Oh my gosh a SLEEPER!!!! That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I'll bet you feel like a new woman! Maybe one night you can swap me - I'll take Jayden & you can take the boys - ha! :) Love you & can't wait to see y'all SOOOON!
xoxo
Jen

Unknown said...

Yay for you and Travis! That's so great that she's sleeping that well! I'm glad y'all had fun with LJ and her bunch! I miss all of you so much!