01 June 2007

Update...

Travis and I went down to The Woodlands to celebrate Pop's (his dad) birthday this past weekend. It was so much fun! We got to spend time with Mark and Jenny (Travis' brother and his wife) and their son Tristan. He is 17 months old now and Jenny is expecting again! Yay!! :) We are all so excited to have a new addition!

This week has been a good one. My work is going well. God is sooo good! My boss called me in her office on Thursday (Travis' birthday) and told me that I got a raise!! It was so out of the blue. It couldn't have come at a better time for Travis and me. God is good!

For Travis' birthday I planned a surprise dinner for him at Macaroni Grill. He thought it was just a date for the two of us. When we got there we had several friends waiting for us. He was surprise! He told me that no one had ever done any "surprise" anything for his birthday before. It was great!

We are in Arlington tonight and head down to Whitney, TX for camp tomorrow. We will be there until Thursday night. This is the last weekend of travel for awhile. We can't wait to get a weekend at home! It seems we haven't stopped traveling since we got engaged!! ugh! But we are so excited for camp and can't wait for the campers to show up and start the week!

Please send up a prayer or two this week for all of the young hearts that will be there at camp for us to show God's love to.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Is this camp earlier than it used to be? It seems like it was later in the summer when you guys were campers.

Jennifer McHam said...

Hey Sis!! Congrats on your raise - yay!!! You deserve it!! And have fun at camp - we will definitely be praying for a heart opening time for everyone involved. Love you,
Jen