14 June 2010

I Wish Babies Could Talk & Tell Us What Is Wrong With Them!

My husband, all my sisters, my mom and many others are at camp tonight and I am at home. :(

Kenley woke up from a nap on Saturday and her left check was really swollen. We took her to the ER and they gave her some antibiotics for Parotitis. That is an infection is the Parotid gland just in front of the ear. She reacting very well to the medicine. The swelling has gone down, but of course we have to continue the antibiotics for 8 more days!

I took her in to the doctor today and they drew some blood and took a culture for testing. The blood work shows that her white blood cells are normal, but there is a presence of the cells that fight off viruses. We are waiting for the culture results to come back to let us know if I can go to camp at all. That could take a few days. The earliest I would get to go is Thursday and camp ends on Saturday. I'm not sure I want to drive up just to turn around a day and a half later. Ugh! Great timing, right!?

Oh well...we will see what happens...

Jayden is in Little Rock with her Mimi and Pop for the week. She went with them so that we wouldn't have to take her to camp. I'm sure she is having a blast, but I miss her!!! I was supposed to have camp to distract me, but now I'm just sitting at home with Kenley missing my other baby! Here is a picture and video...
Saturday Mornings with Dad!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Saturday mornings were my tradition with my dad, too! Mom and Ryan would sleep in and we'd make pancakes from scratch every week. I miss your kid, too! And I hope Kenley is feeling better!