21 April 2007

No. We have not found out the name of the weird fish we found on the honeymoon. If anyone has any clue...please let us know!! :)

This week has been full of family! Slade (Dava Lynn's husband) was down here in Austin for the day on Thursday for some meetings. So, he stopped by my office on his way back to Abilene. It was great to see him! It is always fun to be able to spend time with my brothers-in-law away from their families and away from Mom and Dad's house. They are usually taking care of kids or the sisters are catching and I don't really get a lot of opportunity to just hang out with my brothers. So, it is nice whenever I get the chance.

The on Friday, Kari Ann (sister #1) and her oldest, Bailey came into town. Bailey is a member of the Future Problem Solvers of America and her team won first place in their local division. They were here in Austin for the awards ceremony and to find out who would be going to Fort Collins, CO for the international competition. Bailey was so cute up there getting her medal. Today, Travis and I met them (and the rest of the team) to go to the Bob Bullock Museum, the Spirit of Texas theatre and the IMAX where we watched a show on Mummies. It was very interesting. It was great to spend time with them too, as I rarely get any of my sisters on their own except Juli Beth.

I love that I get to spend so much time with Juli Beth when I go into Arlington, but it never quite seems enough. When you live with someone for years, growing up, you take for granted that your best friend lives right there with you and is always around. I miss getting to do everything with my sister, but I appreciate the time that we do have so much more now.

Life now is good. I am enjoying married life oh so much! It has been so fun to set up house and get little projects done around the house. In fact, Travis is at Home Depot right now getting more supplies to clean up the garage! Woohoo!! :)

On that note, I should go. I have some house cleaning to do and if I don't get started...I may never get it done!

Love, JK

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally agree with all your comments on sisters. Even though I only have Rachel, she's still my best friend. And with her living away from home it has really shown me how much she means to me. Yeah for sisters!!