27 April 2007

The Weekend...

This week ended up a very productive and good week. Travis was out of town for the week (for work) and so I got a little done around the house. I mostly spent time with Nikki though. I think we were both needing our Travis back.

Since Travis and I started taking a walk every morning together with Nikki, she has been nosing her leash almost constantly, begging to go out for a walk. I think she likes it out there! She had a hard time staying in her kennel last night across the room, by herself, so I moved her bed over beside me on the floor. She was able to sleep there all night and didn't move from her bed. I, however, tossed and turned all night long! Oh well...motherhood! :)

Dax and Christina (friends of ours) are going to Costa Rica for the week. They are leaving tomorrow morning and Travis and I are taking them to the airport. Their flight leaves at 7:00 am so we will have to pick them up no later than 5:00 am.

Then we are headed to Arlington for the Pleasant Ridge Homecoming. I am excited about seeing people from the youth group that I haven't seen in years. Travis is excited to see some old friends from Sooner Youth Camp too.

After the Homecoming, we are headed back to Austin and we will be dog-sitting for Christina. She has two dogs. One is a big black lab (Guinness) and one is a small mix of some kind (Sarah). I was told at one time what kind of mix Sarah is, but I can't remember. She is so cute and cuddly! I love her!

It will be interesting to see how Travis and I cope with having more than one dog around here. We have put the idea of getting a second dog out there, but I don't think it is the best idea right now. We realized that adding another dog to the picture made traveling a lot more difficult, and expensive. I don't know...maybe I can convince him to just start having kids instead! :) Just kidding!!! I want time with my husband first.

I have several pictures that I have wanted to put on here for awhile now, but somehow we have lost the cord to the camera. Okay...I say "somehow" because my wonderful, handsome, brilliant, kind (and much more) husband is not so good with cords. He loses them. He can't help it. He just does. He goes on business trips and without fail forgets his power cord for his laptop or phone. So, he goes and buys another one. We have five billion cords just laying around this house. It is hilarious! So, as soon as we come back into contact with technology (after the honeymoon)...he loses the first cord he lays his hands on. The camera cord is gone. I love my husband!

No comments: