19 December 2011

Life Changes...

So I realized it has been way too long since I posted on my blog. So much life has happened!

Jayden has turned 3 years old, Kenley just turned 2 years old and we are expecting #3 in June! We are so excited to welcome another sweet soul into the McHam family.

The girls have started "school" this year. They attend MDO and Pre-school at CSK (Christian School of Kingwood) and they LOVE it! They are learning so much and they adore their teachers. They go twice a week and it has been such a blessing!

I am seeing a couple of doctors pretty regularly during this pregnancy. I have seen my Endocrinologist several times and I have been going to the OB once a week. They have recently pulled that back to once every two weeks so it won't be so bad.

Since I posted last, I have been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. That means that my body is not producing any insulin at all. That is the hormone that helps your body change sugar into energy. So, I have recently gotten an insulin pump. It is AMAZING! Instead of giving myself 5 shots a day, I now have one injection site that I change around every 3 days. The pump looks like a little pager or cell phone clipped onto my pants or wherever. It has helped so much over the past week that I have had it. Technology is really amazing. Over the last week, I have felt so much better and my diabetes has been in complete control!

So, that is about all that is happening with us now. Christmas is coming up and we are excited to spend the weekend with my family in Arlington. Honestly...I'm so excited for the holidays to be over. We have been going constantly since mid-November. I am so ready to not have anywhere else to go or anyone else to dress up for! Don't get me wrong...I LOVE the holidays...especially Christmas! I just long for the days when we celebrated Christmas Eve opening family presents and then waking up Christmas day to what Santa brought. Only then did we pack up and head to Grandma's house. We didn't have 5 separate Christmases with multiple extensions of the family. It was so much simpler then and so much more special!

Okay...I'm off my soapbox now. I do LOVE the holidays and I LOVE watching my kids' faces light up when we talk about Santa and when they see him. We spend a lot of time talking about the reason of the season and the reason we give presents in the first place. Merry Christmas everyone and keep the focus on the reason we are all here!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi...i loved ur blog
please follow mine at http://itsmylifemyway007.blogspot.com

Aishwarya Hariharan said...

Hay it is 2015 now are you going to keep going on your blog because I
love to read blogs! Keep making success!