24 January 2011

21 Day Challenge - Day 1

Today is the first day of my 21 Day Challenge with My Fit Foods!

My goals:
1) Get control of my blood sugar levels
2) Get off insulin
3) Lose 10 lbs.

Beginning weight: 139.8
Insulin: 10 units morning and evening

Here is how it works:
My Fit Foods is a company started by a man who was a trainer. He got frustrated when he wasn't seeing fast results with his clients, so he started cooking for them. Soon, he was cooking for the entire gym. Now he has a company that cooks great quality, healthy meals and snacks. He started this business in Houston, but it has spread.

I went in yesterday for a consultation with a nutritionist. We talked about my likes, dislikes and goals. She spent an hour with me, educating me and putting together a meal plan for the next 21 days.

So...for the next 21 days, I am going to be waking up at 5:00am, working out, drinking a liver cleanse and eating breakfast. Then I will continue to eat, pre-made meals and snacks, every 3 hours. I will be documenting my progress here so whoever wants to join me in my journey...can! :)

Okay...so some of you are questioning my sanity regarding the 5:00am wake time. The reason I chose that time is because that gives me the perfect amount of time to get everything done that I need to, get a shower and get ready for the day before my kids wake up.

Today it began! I woke up at 5:00am and did my Biggest Loser Boot Camp workout with Bob! It kicked my HINEY!!!! Right after working out I drank the liver cleanse. Okay...I fought back the urge to vomit the entire time! That thing is NASTY! Here is what it consists of:

- 12 oz water
- Lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Cranberry juice
- B-12

There are a couple of ways to drink this: 1) All together or 2) the last four ingredients as a shot and then drink the water. I made the mistake of putting it all together. NASTY NASTY NASTY!!!! I was fighting the urge to run to the bathroom and hug the toilet. Did I mention it was NASTY?! BUT...I'm determined. I am going to do this for 21 days. I will find what works for me and I will DO IT! Apparently, artificial sweeteners are really bad for your liver if you use them a lot. I do!! I use Splenda in EVERYTHING! So...I really really really need to cleanse my liver. I WILL DO THIS! (can you tell I'm trying to convince myself?)

This morning I had breakfast tacos. They were really good!! I'm looking forward to my snack at 9:00am! :)

Alright...that is day 1! We are just beginning and I am so excited. I really feel good about taking charge and doing something to get my diabetes under control!

Thanks for joining me on my journey!

2 comments:

Jennifer McHam said...

Yay!!! You go girl!!!!!

Dana said...

Yay for you!! I'll be following along. :)