05 November 2009

Halloween and Update on Kenley!

Halloween was a blast! Mimi and Pop came over along with a few of our friends. We all ate dinner and visited and then got Jayden all dressed up for Trick or Treating! She did awesome! It only took one house for her to catch on to the fact that everyone was giving her candy! :) She would prance right up to the front door (or people sitting in the driveway) knock, grab some candy, put it in her basket, say "Thank you" and turn and RUN to the next house. She knew the routine and she wasn't going to let slow poke Mommy hold her up! We were so proud!
After we got a basket full of candy (meaning the basket got too heavy for Jayden to carry and she would get mad if we tried to hold it for her) we headed back home to hand out candy to the neighbors. This year was a weird year. Last year our circle was swarming with kids in costume. This year...not so much. We did manager to give away a whole bowl of candy, but only because we started giving away fist fulls of candy. It was an off year...but a great one! :)

We have some neighbors who just love our baby girl! They have three girls of their own and Betsy (the mom) has always made their costumes. They have recently cleaned out the dress up closet, so they brought Jayden
over some old costumes. She didn't take these off all last night...
Okay...so I got in on the fun too! :)

I had my last appointment with the Perinatologist yesterday. He said that Kenley is doing just fine! Her one kidney is fully functioning and there are no other findings. She is 5lb 3oz. The doctor said, "Well...she isn't TOO big!" Ugh! I think Kenley is going to be big like her sister. I also had my regular weekly check up today. Everything looks good and I have my c-section scheduled for December 7th. I am really praying that Kenley comes before then. I would like to go into labor with her since we induced with Jayden. We will see what happens!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jayden just gets cuter and cuter every picture I see! Sounds like she had a blast trick or treating! I will say an extra prayer that Kenley will decide to come on her own. :)